Whether you wish to restore and draught proof your existing door, or commission a bespoke replacement door, yoursashwindows.com can offer the solution you require.
All our Doors & Door Frames are bespoke manufactured and cater for all different styles and budgets. Whether you require Supply only,Supply only with our measure up service, Supply & fit or Supply & fit with opening creation, we can manufacture the door you require.
– Bespoke design and manufacture so all configurations of doors and glazing are possible
– Replica doors available. For example, we could copy your neighbours door exactly, right down to comissioning replica leaded lights if required
– All doors are fully draught proofed
– All door & frame thicknesses are available although we recommend 56mm doors with a 4×3″ frame for maximum strength and durability
– Option to match the scribed inner mould with any existing windows or doors in the property
– All timber is treated with wet rot, dry rot and wood preservative
– Softwood, hardwood, oak and specialist timber all available
– 10 year warranty on all doors and frames with the option to insurance back
– All new doors and frames are fully 2011 building regulations compliant and registered with FENSA accordingly
– All finished doors and frames are primed with microporus paint unless otherwise requested
– A full Painting Service is available
external positioning of external doors & frames
Where a new opening is being created, it is important that this is done in keeping with the rest of the property. Stone sills and lintels should be matched, proportions should be maintained and the frame positioning should match any original windows or doors. At yoursashwindows.com we work with various stone masons and quarries to ensure that any new openings look just like the original ones.
internal finishing of external doors & frames
In period property most windows and doors are box lined with a surrounding architrave on the inside. In order to maintain the period look of a property, any new door frames should be finished internally in an identical manor. Profile matching the design of your original architrave is an essential part of acheiving this.
internal doors & frames
Bespoke Internal Doors and Door Frames are also available. Whether you wish us to copy an existing design, work from a photograph or even custom design a door just for you, our expert team of joinery professionals are more than up to the task.
The example on the left was one of 11 internal doors manufactured, stained, varnished and fitted into the Coach House, renovation project in Disley, Cheshire. The design of this particular door and frame, needed to take into consideration the positioning of the sloping ceiling. The door itself, from a design point of view, was actually there to conceal a washing machine.
doors & frames – restoration, draft proofing & double glazing
It is also possible to refurbish, draftproof and even double glaze existing doors and door frames. From £150, we can rehang your door, make any necessary adjustments, and fit a full draft proof kit and weatherproof threshold. Frame and door repairs are also possible, with any replacement timber blending perfectly with the original.
Although every door will tend to be different, our vast restoration experience means we can always develop a solution that meets your requirements.